Friday, November 21, 2008

Momma/baby update

Hello all! I hope you are all staying warm! We have had a cold front this week and it has been COLD!!! The average temps are supposed to still be in the 50's and 60's here, but today we saw snow showers off and on all day long! The teachers at school were going nuts like they had never seen snow before, running out the door during lunch taking pictures with their cellphones. It was hilarious!!! The kids in my class asked me if we were having a blizzard! I was cracking up.

So I went to the doctor yesterday, and they have started me on insulin because my sugar is still too high, despite the fact that I am practically STARVING myself to cut carbs at every corner and have only gained 16 lbs (no weight gain for 4 wks in a row). He wanted to see me back in one week, but that is Thanksgiving Day! The Tuesday after Thanksgiving I will return to the doctor and have another ultrasound. From here on, I have to go to the doctor twice a week to do a non-stress test where they will monitor the baby closely. I have realized through all of this that my body does not like to be pregnant, so more kids you are asking? Not unless Matthew can carry the next one....lol. I am working 1/2 days after Thanksgiving on the days I go to the doctor. Hopefully this will eliminate some of the stress on my body. Keep me and baby "Caleb" (we think) in your prayers until our hopefully uneventful delivery in a few weeks.

1 comment:

k.mart said...

Hope the diabetes gets under control and that baby Caleb-? is absolutely fine! We know God will take good care of you!

Ahh, Tidewater homes-- just as we remember them... two great choices it looks like. Best of luck as you make your decisions and get ready for the newest Chadwick to join your family!