Tuesday, November 25, 2008

An emotional day...

What a ride we have had this weekend.... on Saturday evening, I started having contractions that I thought were only 10-15 minutes apart. I called the doctor and he said to come on in to the hospital to get checked out. When I got there and they put me on the monitors, I was contracting every 4-5 minutes...not a good thing. They gave me 2 shots of some kind of medicine to stop contractions and thankfully it worked. We were discharged around 2am, with no restrictions.

Sunday, I took it easy and thought I was feeling better- a little tired, but ok. Around 4am, the contractions returned waking me up and we found ourselves back in the hospital. After this episode, the doctor decided I should be on bedrest. Not TOTALLY restricted, I can move around, shower all that good stuff, but the nurse said to take it easy, no shopping :( or anything that requires me to be on my feet for any period of time.

The good news for this day- we got a house! In the post below, the picture of the white house is our new home! We will meet the home inspector today to make sure all is well, and should close on the house December 12th in time for Christmas- and hopefully before baby! It is amazing how God works things out. It is really ironic though- the day I found out I was pregnant with Caleb was the same day we sold our house in NC. Yesterday, the day I was told to "stay strapped in the bed" as Matthew says, is the day we got a new house!

Keep is in your prayers today as the home inspection takes place- that there will be no hitches, and all will go smoothly! I will post pictures of the inside of the house later.

No comments: