Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Happy Fall!

Drew models his new Rainforest Cafe shirt!

Lot's of things have been going on here in Virginia! Week before last, we helped Kaleigh celebrate her 4th birthday! Ben and his two girls came in from California. We had a full house! It was a lot of fun!
Last weekend, Matthew's family came to visit! We had a condo on Sandbridge Beach. The weather on Thursday (and the whole beginning of the week) was in the high 80's. When we woke up in the condo Friday morning, it was cold and rainy.... 50something degrees cold. So no beach weather but regardless, we had a good time! We toured Norfolk and Virginia Beach and ate at the Cheesecake Factory (my favorite) and a nice restaurant on the beach!
I went to the doctor on Friday for my glucose test, and found out on Monday that I failed it yet again... but my blood sugar is much higher this time. Now I get to go and do the lovely 3 hour make you sick to your stomach test to tell me what I already know... that I have gestational diabetes again. The doctor says the baby is already measuring big, so I know that means not getting to eat all the things pregnant women want... carbs, carbs and more carbs, chocolate, salty snacks, pretty much all the stuff I crave!!! I also found out on Monday that the job I was pretty much told was mine, probably won't be. The lady I am subbing for is getting better (which is great for her) but not so great for me. She will most probably be back after Christmas, sometime in January. The principal wants to keep me on board, and said he will try his best. But, I am heading to a job fair in VA Beach tomorrow. So please keep all of this in your prayers.
Drew is doing well, he has lots planned for Halloween, except, he won't wear a costume.. at least the two I have he won't wear, so he may be going as Drew for Halloween.... lol
Until next time, HAPPY FALL!

No comments: