Thursday, April 2, 2009

Just some thoughts...

I know I promised pictures of the baptism.... we haven't gotten the CD back yet from our friend who took the pictures, so it'll be a while longer...

We have been very busy over the past month! I sometimes wonder if things will ever slow down!! My job situation has definitely been interesting to say the least... when I moved from NC, I just assumed that I would have a job. God hasn't let me down, however it has been difficult to not have a "home". After teaching in the same school for 7 years, knowing everyone, this has surely been a challenge.

When we first moved here, I was at BM Williams in Chesapeake teaching Pre-K in summer school. In the fall, they asked me back to do a long term sub in 2nd grade. That was awesome, and I thought it would become permanent... after the lady I subbed for got better, and I got put on bedrest, God had other plans.

After having Caleb, I prayed to find a job. On the way back from NC when Caleb was only a month old, I got a message from a lady at our church, saying her school needed a long term sub in 2nd grade. I called the principal, got an interview and started the next day! This too was supposed to be permanent (or possibly in the fall becoming permanent). With the economy the way it is, the teacher wanted to return. This principal felt so bad for me she sent out an email immediately, forwarding my information to other principals. I got a call within a week and to make another real long story short, I am now at my 3rd school teaching 5th grade Language Arts and Social Studies. Surprise surprise, I LOVE IT!!!

So, if nothing else, after this school year, I have a long resume..... pray that I can hopefully call one of these three schools, home (next year). I will remain here at Kempsville Meadows ES until the end of the school year. It is a wonderful place!!

Hopefully I can post soon the pictures from the baptism!

Spring break starts next week! YIPEEE. Happy Lent!

No comments: